Driving on as a top sports professional
12th October 2016 by Guy Horchover
As you build your career in sport and your priorities start shifting, you will need your insurance to keep pace with these changes. Becoming a first team regular in a top club or becoming an international can impact on the way you think about your insurance. Your priorities change as the initial excitement of becoming a professional wears off and the realities of sustaining a long term successful career become clearer; carry on living the dream!
Your personal circumstances may also change, you may be getting married, starting a family, moving to a new club and/or moving house. All of these changes will mean that you will have new insurance needs. Here are some of the questions that you may be faced with:
• If you have a number of cars or drivers in your household, is having individual cover better for you than taking out fleet cover?
• Will you provide insurance for you, your family members and staff – nanny/chauffer/secretary/gardener?
• Have you set up as a business? What are your business insurance needs when you are travelling to games?
• Do you travel to Europe, do you need European driving cover – whether working or on holiday?
• How are your claims handled, would you want a like-for-like replacement vehicle in the event of a non-fault accident?
• Do you want to choose who repairs your car in the event of an accident rather than be told who to take it to by an insurer?
• Should you buy key cover, RAC breakdown – you shouldn’t need it but…tyres, batteries, wrong fuel etc. Accidents/mistakes do happen
• Do you have several properties in different countries – how can these be insured?
• What about cover for expensive paintings, jewellery or equipment?
• If you are a landlord – what insurance do you need to protect your income?
If you think that you may need some answers to any of these questions, ProSport Insurance Services is here to help. Call us on 0333 222 1076. You focus on the sport, we’ll focus on the insurance.
Head of ProSport